TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN and AROUND BLUE RIDGE, GA
Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals and the Blue Ridge Adventure Center are located in downtown Blue Ridge directly across the street from the downtown visitor’s center and the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway depot at 240 West Main Street. Because of this prime location we have countless walk-ins looking for all the “fun stuff to do”. We have compiled a list of the top 10 Activities / things to do near Blue Ridge.
* For Everyone ** For the Adventure Seeker
- * The Blue Ridge Scenic Rail Road – The perfect family activity. This is a great way to spend quality time with friends or family. The volunteer scenic tour begins in Blue Ridge, GA and travels along the Toccoa River to McCayesvill, GA / Copperhill TN.
- ** Whitewater Rafting on the Ocoee River – There are several great outfitters on the Ocoee River. Often referred to as “America favorite river” because of its easy access and thrilling rapids it’s a real treat for anyone who is looking for a rush! (Raft1 pictured above)
- * Mercier orchards – This family owned and operated orchard provides countless options for visitors in the area. Activities and amenities include Upick fruits, General store, farmers market, and bakery severing world famous fried pies and homemade ice cream!
- ** Zip Line Canopy Tour – Going had in hand with whitewater rafting adventure enthusiasts love the zip line canopy tours for its off the ground rush and free flowing feeling of flying tree top to tree top.
- * Lake Blue Ridge – This man made reservoir managed by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) offers crystal clear waters and multiple access points for enjoyment. Boat and personal watercraft rentals are available at the marina Public beaches, camp sites and access points are available. Thanks to Surf Blue Ridge stand up paddle boarding has become a very popular activity on Lake Blue Ridge.
- * Guided Fly Fishing – Known as the Trout Capital of Georgia there is no shortage of opportunities to fish for trophy trout. Increase your chances and hire a guide to navigate public waters or better yet gain access to private steams abundant with large good fighting trout in the cool year round north Georgia streams.
- ** Blue Ridge Scenic Helicopter Tour – A new addition to Blue Ridge but not to the skies of Georgia. Blue Ridge Helicopters has operated commercially in Georgia for years they are now offering several scenic helicopter packages that will give you a whole new perspective on the area.
- * Hiking & Waterfalls – This could really go both ways for everyone or the adventure seeker based on the trail system. The Blue Ridge Area is dotted with several well marked and mapped trail systems.
- ** Tubing or Canoe the Toccoa River – One of the best spring, summer and fall activities. With several outfitter providing the gear it will be easy foryou to find that free flowing feeling on the Toccoa River. Float the upper Toccoa or Tail water (Toccoa below Lake Blue Ridge Dam) in a canoe or Tube, pack a lunch and let your worries melt away on the most scenic river in North Georgia
- ** Horseback Riding in Cashes Valley or the Cohutta Wilderness Area – What better way to feel in charge than by horse back! Blue Ridge, Ga horseback riding is available through several family owned and operated stables.
Find out first hand why Blue Ridge, GA is often referred to as the base camp for adventure. You’ll discover that Blue Ridge is right in the center of the North Georgia Mountains and its close proximity to fun places such as the Aska Adventure Area, Toccoa River, Lake Blue Ridge, Appalachian Trail, Ocoee White Water Rafting, numerous Fly fishing streams and seasonal mountain festivals like the Blue Ridge Blues and BBQ every September in the city park downtown.
The staff at the Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals is ready to help you find the fun things to do while you’re visiting Blue Ridge, GA so be sure to stop by because “Any Time of Year You’ll Find Southern Comfort Here!”
Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals & Blue Ridge Adventure Center
240 West Main Street Blue Ridge, GA 30513